For any business, a web presence has become a necessity. Not only does it give your company an outlet for selling products and promoting your services, but it gives your potential customers somewhere to turn online to learn more about your company, your history, as well as details about the services you can provide for them. Promote your website with Orangesoda by creating an engaging website that helps to turn visitors into customers. Here are some important things to consider when creating an engaging website:
- Keep your page simple. A simple, streamlined page is much easier to look at than one that has a lot of unnecessary graphics and flashing images. Websites that are streamlined allow visitors to see and understand what they are looking for without added distractions.
- Make your website easy to navigate. Include tabs or link options that quickly take visitors to what they are looking for. Contact information, sales information, specials or promotions, directions and hours; these types of information are common reasons your customers might visit your website. Make it easy for them to locate and find the information and you’ll have more active customer than those who have to hunt around for the same information.
- If you have purchase options available on the website, streamline and make them easier. Customers are looking for quick check out that allows them to find, select, and by buy the items they are interested in with less time spent online. Streamlining your buying and checkout process makes a difference in how happy customers are with the experience and whether they will return again.
- Make sure that your website is accessible on mobile devices as well as through traditional internet searches. More and more people are looking up information, finding websites, and even purchasing from online websites through their smart phones or tablets. To be competitive in the market your website needs to be adaptable to these devices as well. Many companies have found that having two versions of their website, a mobile version and a full version; make it easier for customers to access the website from home or on the go.
- Connect your website to your social media pages and accounts. One of the best ways to draw traffic to your website is through your social media page. You can make your website feel more engaging as you tie status updates, specials, and other information to the page from your social media accounts.
- Add other content. Pictures, video, blogs, guest posts; any extras that you add to your website can help to make it more exciting and informative for customers to visit. These options can add a great deal too how long a visitor will stay on your page as well.
When creating a website that is engaging and will keep customers coming back, consider these options and choose those that best meet the needs of your customers while adding some excitement to your site.